7.5t Driver (Hyde Depot)
Illingworth Ingham (M/cr) Ltd have been in business since 1929. We are an independent family run Timber Importer & Timber Merchant and have continued to be a successful business within the timber industry with prospective growth plans for the future. We produce bespoke, high-end timber & timber products.
We have five branches in the North West which in addition to them selling timber they also supply general building and DIY materials to a mixture of trade and general public customers.
We now have an immediate requirement for a 7.5 Tonne (Class 2) Driver to join our team.
We are recruiting a Driver to work at the Hyde Branch, to drive a flat bed vehicle. This can be a physically demanding job as there is some manual handling involved. Some deliveries however are Forklift offload.
Drivers are a vital part of the Team. You will be responsible for delivering of Timber Etc to our Customers, within a specific area and in a safe and effective way, caring for your vehicle and providing excellent customer service standards to all.
Key Responsibilities of the Driver
– Preparing the vehicle by conducting operator maintenance, reporting any defects to the Manager /Assistant
– Ensuring all products for a delivery are correct and have been loaded correctly and safely, with other members of staff. Experience with ratchet straps and sheeting is desirable.
– Responsible for completing the daily paperwork as required
– Execute any special requests as directed on the delivery note
– Be friendly and polite to customers at all times.
– To complete daily walk-around check as required, and complete Daily pre drive check list
– To permanently maintain contact with the transport department and announce any issues as soon as they arise.
– The ability to help the customers as much as you can.
– Be able to use ratchet straps for securing loads.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required by the Driver
– Good safety practices and driving habits
– 7.5 Ton compliant Driving licence
– Digital tacho card
– A good understanding of Drivers hours and regulations
– Good customer service skills
We may provide further training for the successful candidate to enable you to enhance your driving career within in company.
You must be able to work between the following hours:
· Monday to Friday 07:15 – 16:45 can vary slightly
Salary TBA – Pension + Bonus
You will be required to have excellent attendance and punctuality levels. Manual handling training & knowledge of health & safety are a requirement.
We would expect the candidate to comply with all company rules, policies and procedures, also to adhere to the company’s Health and Safety Policy and the wearing of PPE where required. (The company will provide all PPE required and uniform is provided)
This is an excellent opportunity for a strongly motivated person with good work ethics. This position can offer an excellent long term opportunity and chance to grow with the success of the business.
Please take a look at our web site www.iitimber.co.uk where you will find more details about our company. You can also view our organisation and see the working environment by watching the video which you will find on our homepage under Our History.
If this is the position you are looking for then please apply by submitting your CV below.
Please email CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also request an application form either by addresses above or this can be downloaded via our website.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE. We will reply within 10-14 days on receipt of your application, only to successful candidates.
No Roles Currently Available